#TGIF – Today’s “Totally Obvious” Daily Dish theme: Mobile is big!
We scour the Interwebs to bring you random happenings and news… so you don’t have to…
Today on the Daily Dish:
Americans are Addicted to Their Smartphones
Mobile security outfit Lookout released their Mobile Mindset Study, which found that our thoughts, emotions, and behavior are impacted by smartphones (read: addicted)… before you file this under “D’uh!” they have the data to back it up! Here are the highlights:
- 58% check their phones every hour, with 63% of women and 73% of men admitting that they can’t go more than an hour without checking;
- 54% check their phones while lying in bed during sleeping hours;
- 39% check their phones on the toilet;
- 94% are concerned about losing their phones, with 73% saying they felt panic when they did lose them;
- Only 3% admitted being concerned about “inappropriate content” should their phone be lost; there was no indication on what that content was.
Hot on the heals of Mark Zuckerberg’s announcement that Facebook’s #1 priority is mobile…
Facebook Releases Instagram Clone
by Lauren Indvik – Mashable
Less than two months after announcing its plans to acquire photo app company Instagram for $1 billion, Facebook has released an iOS app that looks and functions almost identically to Instagram’s… read more
TGIF indeed: Are You Ready for “Rampture?” It starts TONIGHT!
Last year’s “Carmageddon” (the closing of I-405 for an entire weekend) may have fizzled, but the so-dubbed “Rampture” (the closing of the Wilshire Blvd. exits for 90 days, with other exits closing over the next year) may actually create fits for those heading to/from/through West LA. Officials expect the traffic flow to divert to other exits all along the 405 and spill into local streets.
The Wilshire exit is the primary access point for nearby UCLA, and they’ve released tips on how to survive … read more
Lookout’s study also indicted that 24% check our smartphones while drive… what’s the over/under on this number increasing along the Sepulveda Corridor?
Have a great weekend!